The Alpine Program at Stratton Mountain School is the premier program for ski racing in the nation. It is run at the highest standards for coaching, athlete management (conditioning, equipment, nutrition, sports psychology) and most importantly, governance and safety. The Alpine Program focuses on the complete development of athletes in the U14–U21 age groups. With over 45 years of perfecting athlete development, Stratton Mountain School has helped promote 14 alpine athletes to the Olympics with a combined total of 22 Olympic placements.
Full Term Program
The Full Term Program at Stratton Mountain School is a complete academic year for students in grades 8–12.
Winter Term Program
The Winter Term Program is a five-month program from November to March for students in grades 7–8. The program introduces students to the demands and rewards of a winter sports academy.
The Postgraduate Program is designed for athletes looking to continue training and competing after high school. The program provides athletes with the opportunity to train and compete in an elite and structured environment before moving on to a collegiate or national team.
The Alpine Program offers a variety of training camps throughout the year, even during the off-season. These camps aim to improve technique and tactics on snow and in the gym. Athletes focus on their training goals with the support of the SMS Alpine Coaches.
Schedule a Visit
Come visit our beautiful campus, tour the state-of-the-art training facilities, check out an academic class and train with us for a day! Contact Director of Admissions, Kate Nolan, to schedule your visit or click here to request information about SMS.
2017 Season Highlights:
- 3 athletes qualified for U19 National Championships
- 4 athletes qualified for the U16 FIS Children’s Cup in Topolino
- 1 U16 athlete qualified for the Seven Nations Cup
- 1 athlete won the U16 Super–G and Giant Slalom National Championship titles
- SMS athletes claimed 50% of the gold medals at U14 State Championships
- 16 athletes qualified for U14 Eastern Championships
- Alice Merryweather ‘15 won the Downhill Junior World Championship title and the Downhill Nor-Am Championship title
- Mike Morin named USSA Alpine Domestic Coach of the Year
- Naga Kusumi named VARA Youth Development Coach of the Year
2017-18 National Ski Team Members
- U.S. Ski & Snowboard Team
- Alice Merryweather ‘15 (B team)
- Nick Krause ‘10 (C team)
- George Steffey ‘15 (C team)
- Turkish National Team
- Kaan Aytekin ‘16
- Chilean National Team
- Kay Holscher ‘17
- Korean Junior National Team
- Hyoim Shin ’20