Snowboarding Winter Camps
Young Gun Project
Join us for the SMS Snowboard Young Gun Project (YGP) this winter. Get a taste of what SMS Snowboarding is all about. Ramp up your skills on the hill and on the trampolines in the Air Awareness Center!
In the four-day session the YGP athletes will train both on and off the hill alongside the SMS athletes and work with the professional SMS coaching staff. The participants will also train in the Air Awareness Center, dine in the SMS Dining Hall and check out a SMS class or two.
The SMS faculty will tutor the participants to keep them up to date with schoolwork from their home schools. Once accepted, participants are asked to complete the information requested on the Academic Info button below.
Parents - Academic Notes:
- Please provide all information requested on the form to help us ensure that we provide the best academic support for the participant ASAP.
- Student athletes enrolled in the Young Guns Project will receive tutorial support in their home school’s curriculum during the camp. The home school MUST provide SMS with all of the course work that the student athlete is expected to complete while he/she is at SMS.
- In order for us to most effectively plan for student athletes entering into a tutorial arrangement, we request that the following information be provided BEFORE the start of the camp.
- Contact information for the student athlete’s guidance counselor and each of the student athlete’s teachers
- Daily Assignments and hand-outs
- Quizzes and tests.
- Answer keys to all quizzes and tests
- If the home school utilizes Blackboard, Edline or similar web-based programs to post this information, please arrange for SMS to be provided with access/passwords to each course’s page.
- Please note: The SMS tutors are not expected to create new curriculum, course work, quizzes or tests; therefore, full cooperation and support from the home school is essential for a successful tutorial arrangement.
- SMS will only provide tutorial support in core courses (English, History, Math, Science and Spanish/French/Latin).
- Importantly, student athletes participating in this camp will have daily study halls and two, three-hour tutorial sessions, but they will not have the same amount of daily classroom time as they would if they were at their home school.
- Any academic questions should be directed to Kate Nolan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a day camp, but housing may be available on request.
Who should apply?
Student athletes in grades 6-9, currently enrolled in a competitive program.
All applications must be received by December 31, 2016. Space is limited to just 6 student athletes per session. Apply today! Participants will be accepted on a rolling admissions basis. Once accepted, participants must process the payment for the program within 48 hours to secure their spot - just click on YGP Payment button below to make that happen!
Action Sports Camp
Dates: November 25 and 26
Target Group: Boys and girls ages 8-16
Registration Deadline: November 20
Stratton Mountain School is proud to announce camps on the SMS campus utilizing the newly-built Air Awareness Center. The SMS Action Sports Camp staff is made up of the SMS Freeskiing, SMS Freestyle and SMS Snowboard coaches. These coaches have years of professional experience teaching jump fundamentals and aerial progressions to ensure athletes learn safely, properly and quickly. The participants will have access to our full-sized foam pit, Ross Trampolines and the Max Air Super Trampoline, as well as the full-size skate park and strength and conditioning space in the Air Awareness Center.
Who should come? Stratton Mountain School Action Sports Camp participants should have a passion for on-snow action sports such as: snowboarding, alpine skiing, freeskiing and mogul skiing. At the Action Sports Camp, athletes will learn the skills that can take their winter sports passion to the next level.
Step-by-Step Registration Process:
Step 1: Click on Action Sports Camp Registration Form button to register.
Step 2: Click on Camps Payment button to pay.
Step 3: Download the Action Sports Liability Waiver, fill it out and bring it to camp!
Questions? E-mail Ross Powers at email@example.com.