The Snowboarding Program is led by Director Ross Powers. The coaching staff also includes Scotty Johnston and Dylan Demers.
Snowboarding Program Director
Ross, an alumnus of the SMS Class of 1997, returned to Stratton with more than a decade of experience competing at the highest levels of world-wide competition. He is one of the most highly profiled figures in the history of the Halfpipe snowboard circuit. As a student at SMS, Powers captured the Gold Medal at the 1996 FIS Snowboarding World Championship in Lienz, Austria. Two years later at the Winter Olympic Games in Nagano, Japan, Powers earned a Bronze medal for his performance in the Halfpipe. At the 2002 Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, he led the historic sweep by the US Men’s Snowboarding Team and stood atop the podium as the Gold Medalist.
A Vermont native, Ross and his wife, Marisa, currently live in South Londonderry, Vt., with their two daughters, Victoria and Meredith.
Head Development Coach
- Development Assistant 2005-08
- 3 years manufacturing and owner of SHOT snowboards
- Designed,managed,and constructed all terrain parks 1997-2003
- Assistant coach 1998-2000
- Production assistant 2003-2007
- Owner 1986-present
Snowboard AM Coach
For years Dylan has been filming and coaching snowboarding while creating videos for some of the best riders in the east.
- Carinthia Parks Media Manager 2011-2016
- Carinthia Parks Pro Team Manager 2014-2016